Friday, August 27, 2010

The Last Call an RBA wants to get ...

... is the one about a rider going down.  Unfortunately, I got that call about 2 hours after the start on Thursday morning, informing me that George Swain was hit by a car.  I spoke to the police officer who investigated the accident, and he told me that the driver involved was being cited for careless driving (apparently for being distracted).  George was taken to the hospital where he was treated for his injuries.  The doctors say he will be off his feet for 6-8 weeks, but they expect a complete and full recovery, which is good news.

I visited George again this afternoon, and he wants everyone to know that he is doing well, and to not to worry about him.  You can send any well wishes to St. Lukes Hospital in Bethlehem, PA.

*** Update 8/31 ***

George's wife, Jesse, is posting updates on George's recovery ... see this link for details:
 ... there is an area on the website, for you to leave a message -- I'm sure George would love to hear from you. 


-Tom Rosenbauer
Eastern PA RBA

No comments:

Post a Comment